Monday 3 September 2012

Top Beer and Pub Tweets Summer 2012

With appreciative nods to those who noticed the passing of August's deadline here is a summer season review of Beer, Pub and general drink related twittage for (& by) barflies everywhere.


12)
If I was a bartender and someone asked for a drink on the rocks I'd put actual rocks in there and explain that we weren't on TV.
Truly a loss to the serving profession
 
11) 
I'm hearing rumours of a guy in Giffnock that has an empty, - do you want to add that? Will get the skinny. Etc.
Diplomatically TB&P tweets will sidestep the issue of what properly constitutes an "event" for Glasgowbeerweek purposes. Instead fondly recall a C4 documentary where Emma from the Delgados explained to John Peel what an empty was. "Ah yes", opined the great man "Try to avoid empties round at our house"

10)
I'm drinking a sidecar in a sidecar in the trunk of a car in a van in a boxcar in a shipping crate on a sinking ship . Gonna die soon.
Last chance saloon drinking taken to the nth degree

9) Mandatory pub joke coming up...
weetabixface @weetabixface
man walks out of Essex pub leaving his dog asleep under the table, barman says "you can't leave that lying there", "not a lion it's a dog"
And with a topical twist too

No clever remarks from me, just wanted to highlight an
excellent poster for an exciting beer event I wish I could get to


 
8)
"I bought Coors Light because it was on sale" were the last words of my best friend just before I fucking killed him.
No medal, but you get a mention is Despatches
On Saturday I drink beer like they need the empties back to make more.
OK, you can have a medal then
Professional darts, or, as it's btter known, Alcoholism.
Ouch, I know someone who won't like that

The Tennents Super of the ale world. Strong, malty, virtually hopless, 7%. — Drinking a 500 at
Tasting note of the month material that is






As tweeted by @PerfectPintUK

5)
Kelham island Pale rider in Curlers rest, very pleasant but not the great beer it once was before the flood
Pretty sure @Drstanbier isn't referring to the Biblical flood here but to the river bursting its banks, but you never know...

If can read you this be drunk you might too
I just earned the ‘I really couldn’t give a fuck badge’ on untappd. I’m building toward the ‘oh for fucks sake, really?’ badge now.
Twitter is at its best when people manage to say what you were only half aware of thinking. In under 140 characters. With sweary words.
LANDLORDS Give your pub that Wetherspoons feel by inviting retired old men to sit and sneer at your punters when they walk in.
Dont get that sort of analysis on Mary, Queen of shops. Do you?



Oh brilliant. All I said was "no bother, rude barstaff get me aroused" and now I can't go back in that pub.
Ramping up the stakes in the great "most inventive ways of getting barred from the pub" contest in which Will has no serious competition


No comments:

Post a Comment