Tuesday 4 October 2011

October top Beer & Pub related tweets

Couple of Celeb spotting ones to get us underway this month:
20)
christopher mckiddie
met jessie j in the ben nevis so we're away down to the
 
19)
Edinburgh Pub
Bit gutted Liz Hurley never popped into Mathers for a pint today. Bet she's an Export kinda girl ....
Dream on, she almost certainly drinks Deuchars

18)
Irish Headache Ha Ha
You know when you walk into a room and completely forget what you went in there for? Its called alcoholism, get help

17)
At one level it is encouraging to see young people visiting traditional boozers. But aye, en masse they are a pain. Wonder what pubs get visited in Govan/Ibrox


16)
Scott Graham
My new favourite name for a pub: The Shark's Mouth (!) bar, Coatbridge. Great name, shame about the pub itself
We're gonna need a bigger pub
 
 
 
Spotted by  outside Duke of Edinburgh pub in Hull
Unfortunately one I missed on my recent pub crawl
 
15)
rhodeshannah
either way, it is a shocking establishment. 'Waaant tae buy some eftershave, pal?' seems to be the code word in the goose.
First rule about the Goose on Union Street is...you don't give away the password

14)
The quickest way to find out the time is to order a beer at breakfast with your mother


Cocktail Corner. Just dont know where to begin describing what is wrong with either of these 
13)
J P
Wetherspoons beer fest top tip: Taking the Pith and Cossack mixed together make an excellent "Soviet Black and Tan"
 
12)
Congratulashayla
Drinking a White Russian made out of Kahlua and vanilla Slimfast. Get on my level. (Hint: it's rock bottom). 
Have you two met? Must at least be following one and other, right?
 
 
11) This month's most promising newcomer award goes to...
William Younger
Oot on the Grassmarket fur a pint. My but some o yon lassies must be awfy cauld
and another choice cut
I wis oot fur a pint this evening and there wis this stuff they cried "Younger's Best". Best? I've pished better.


10)
Kevin Maguire
Off to buy 4 cans of Brains and learn words of Mae hen wlad fy nhadau. Ever tell you I used to live in Cardiff? Wales...
If you have to gatecrash a party then pick one that will last the night.

9)
*ecorno*
I like to buy a keg to see how many new friends I can make. If I fail, I still have a keg and who needs friends when you have a fucking keg
Supposedly that is how Arthur G got started all those years ago

8)
James tWatt
Great tastings in Stckholm, off home to make a new beer called 'World Carbon Footfuck' before beating a penguin to death with a squirrel
Back to his surreal, Brewdog-baiting best


7)
Tom Ellingham
US folk singer in Edinburgh pub last night: "How many of you guys have lived in your car?" (blank silence) ... OK, this is a song about me".
You can almost picture the tumbleweeds rolling past
 
 

6)
Simon H Johnson
I was born ready. I have an aqualung that uses a keykeg connector as a mouthpiece

5)
Amanda Craig
Been applying for a lot of jobs in care homes. Applied for HUNDREDS before Wetherspoons and none got back to me. Would love to work in one.
Of course there is a body of opinion that says 'Spoons = Care Home

4)
rhodeshannah
I love a party with a hoppy atlas beer. Latitude now on
Noel Edmunds isnt dead after all. No. He lives and drinks amongst us. Scarey thought, isnt it?

3)
Joseph L. Quimby Jr
Breakfast....Ice cream...back to bed.....This is a brutal one.
And this month's cautionary hangover tweet is brought to us by my favourite Simpsons inspired character name
...
Staying in toonland
2)
Steven Winterburn
According to chemists, alcohol IS a solution

1)
Bethany Black
As a Goth I view Hallowe'en in the same way that as an alcoholic I view New Year's Eve. Part timer's night
Finally, someone on my wavelength
 

No comments:

Post a Comment